"You think you understood what I said, but you do not realize that what you heard was not what I meant" - gnayenelrahc

Friday, December 14, 2007

Am I suppose to tolerate NTU's mistake again and again?


I received this email today, exactly 1 week after our enrollment date. Wow, how "efficient" can they be. I was not really bothered by the first paragraph but rather the 2nd paragraph sentence stating that "Please note that ES103 will only be offered to students who are already in the minor in education studies programme."

I am not very happy about it because before the module registration we students actually spent quite some time browsing through every module and look through the subject content before we make a decision. As you can see from the image below, under content of this module, this module is categorized under Unrestricted Elective which means, anyone can take this module. Secondly, under the module description below there is NO indication stating that this module is only offered to students who are already in the minor.


I am okay that this module is only offered to minor students BUT can NTU please be more professional in your work? If it is a module only offered to minor students then please state so at the remarks area or indicate at the subject content clearly. The reason why I am angry this time round is because this is NOT the first time I have received such an email from NTU, after our registration. How many times am I suppose to tolerate NTU's negligence? It actually created a lot of problems to the students as the student have to re-shuffle their module choices again! This is actually wasting the student's time.

Like I have said, this is not the FIRST time NTU does that, in fact many of my classmates faces the same thing over and over again for the past semesters we have spent in NTU. Below is another email image my classmate have received last semester (as you can see from the data on the top right hand corner). In the end, my classmates have to choose other elective modules instead and wasted a lot of time in front of the computer to look for other alternative modules AGAIN.


What we students wanted is not have this kind of STUNS again and again every semester. It's not as if we are hard up to get that particular module. If we are not allowed to take a particular module or if there is a pre-requisite, simply state so. Sending this kind of URGENT emails and apologizing for any inconvenience caused every semester is not going to solve problems.

Am I or rather NTU students suppose to tolerate all these irritating problems created by NTU staffs?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm.. so poor thing.. hate it when such things happen.. think my sch better.. wahahaha.. in some sense lah.. but not totally better.. but at least they will state the pre-requisite and preclusions clearly.. and i think if dun meet, cant even choose that module... so well.. try to tahan!! jiayou with FYP!

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. juz ur luck. ormitabha... maybe they should implement 6 sigma =)

Friday, December 14, 2007 10:41:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chipz: luckily you are in nus.

plaktoz: what's 6 sigma?

Saturday, December 15, 2007 1:06:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

charl, I don't think the staff who sent this is apologetic at all. I did not see that they put sorry for any inconvenienced caused. Instead, they only state thank you for your attention. The school is not in any way feeling apologetic at all. I think the NTU staffs should reflect on themselves.

They should at least apologized!

Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:03:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home